Geek Out!

live.pirillo.com

More Information

Do you think Windows XP is out of date and needs to be left behind? Do you think it looks old? Please post your opinion here. Do you think it would need some major upgrades to compete with modern Operating systems, or do you think it's just fine and gets the job done? thanks.

Tags: Microsoft, PC, Windows, WindowsXP, XP

Views: 262

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've never liked the Idea of an new OS every couple of years. XP and the extra software I have is all I need and don't care about much more. FireFox and a good disc burner is just fine by me ...
im still running xp on my side computer. it came with vista basic but ran like shit. it makes a bloody great xp computer though
I wouldn't say outdated, but maybe a bit old fashioned. Microsoft has released two new versions of Windows already (although in some peoples eyes 1 new windows and Windows 7 was just a fix up of vista). Windows XP is great for many things, especially if you want to trim it down alot. I've upgraded to 7 and I love it.
It's fast enough for everything I do, stable, my company (Fortune-500 class) still runs it as standard, it runs all the programs I want to run - heck, I haven't even had to nuke-&-rebuild since I got the computer... Ever hear the phrase "if it works, don't fix it"?
I think so but I am not in love with Windows 7 (Vista SE) as I used to be with XP.

I have a videocard that is bigger than 1024MB (1GB) so in that situation you have to be on 64 bit.
To be honest, I think its outdated yeah especially compared to Windows 7 but that does not mean it should be dropped just because of that. Its been around a long time and that makes it stable and pretty patched up but by all means not solid. For me though, If I had a choice between Windows XP and Windows 7 - I would choose 7. Vista is practically BETA software thats been heavily patched so thats out the picture so as far as Windows based operating systems go, its either Windows XP or 7. But if XP is good for you and gets the job done then yeah its a good operating system... As for me, I strongly support Windows 7 (as well as the 64bit transition) because we all have to move on eventually but saying that im still getting used to it and I even still use the Classic theme. I am becoming fed up of that Blue and Green 'fisherprice' theme though...
To be honest, I think its outdated yeah especially compared to Windows 7 but that does not mean it should be dropped just because of that. Its been around a long time and that makes it stable and pretty patched up but by all means not solid. For me though, If I had a choice between Windows XP and Windows 7 - I would choose 7. Vista is practically BETA software thats been heavily patched so thats out the picture so as far as Windows based operating systems go, its either Windows XP or 7. But if XP is good for you and gets the job done then yeah its a good operating system... As for me, I strongly support Windows 7 (as well as the 64bit transition) because we all have to move on eventually but saying that im still getting used to it and I even still use the Classic theme. I am becoming fed up of that Blue and Green 'fisherprice' theme though...
Sorry for the double post BTW. For some reason Firefox went a bit mad and froze so I refreshed the page and it applied the same comment twice...
XP is still the most used OS here in the Phils, me thinks and I really do see all internet cafe's here using XP. With the advent of windows 7 and vista, i really doubt that most of the internet cafe owners are willing to upgrade, because not all of their machines are capable of running windows vista or 7 smoothly without slowdowns.

With the world's population (68%) still using XP, i guess it is just but ethical to continue the support for it as they are still on that what we call "out-dated" OS.

For some, XP is still their number 1 choice for gaming.
Xp is still a big part of my life

Well, im my personal opinion, Windows XP, old as it may be, is still a very reliable platform on which to run a computer. Yes, it may lack some of the luxuries that Windows 7 has (I'm skipping Vista altogether here, because I never actually stood to use it long enough to actually figure out what it had to offer), but it is a very good at what it was made to do: be user friendly.

I actually find the menus easier to navigate in XP, but that may just be slightly influenced by the fact that I've had an XP computer forever, and just recently switched to Windows 7. It just seemed simpler in XP, because unlike in Windows 7, all the tabs under a certain section were right there at the top of the menu, whereas to switch menus in Windows 7, you have to backtrack and go into another link.

One of the things that I really like about Windows 7 is how they did away with all the tabs that were at the bottom of the screen in XP. I don't know about you, but I always found that they got in the way. Windows 7 fixed that problem by having the tabs stack on top of each other.

That's just my own personal opinion :)

Certainly better than Vista! But yes, Windows XP is a bit outdated now with the addition of Windows 7.

RSS

© 2014   Created by Chris Pirillo.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service