Communicating on message boards is different from face-to-face communication. Only the words are seen, not your facial expressions or tone of voice. Please pay careful attention to how you use your words.
Remember that the words you enter in a burst of passion or anger will be there for you and everyone else to see, sometimes long after those intense feelings have passed. That's not meant to discourage spontaneity, but just a friendly reminder of the long-term existence and effects of what you post. You may, from time to time, find yourself in disagreement with someone else's opinion.
At times like these, please keep in mind it's safer and more polite to take issue with the comments rather than the person.
By using the Geeks website, you agree that you will not post any of the following material in the discussions, blogs, profile pages, or other forums:
- Any communication that is intended to harass, belittle, humiliate, threaten or cause embarrassment to a fellow member.
- Profanity or masking your profane words.
- Material that contains vulgar, obscene or indecent language or images. This includes posting links to other sites/media that violate this policy.
- Any communication that contains spam (multiple copies in one area or the same communication in multiple areas).
- Material that defames, abuses or threatens others, even other political candidates.
- Statements that are hateful or racially offensive.
- A continuous stream of content that is self-serving and a lack of interaction with fellow members.
- Affiliate marketing related links without first talking to me (Chris)
- Spamming of your own URLs
- Any nude images in any form will not be tolerated.
- Complaints about the #chris chat room or its moderators at live.pirillo.com.
Statements or postings that violate the above terms will be deleted from postings upon discovery.
While Geeks moderators may attempt to notify you if we close or delete a post, we are under no obligation to do so. Depending on the nature of the violation, Geeks moderators are at their discretion to terminate a person's membership.
If you see any questionable activity on this board, please use the "Report an Issue" link at the bottom of each page.
If you have questions, complaints, or problems with action taken by a Geeks moderator, please send your report to email@example.com.. Any harassment of the Geeks moderators will not be tolerated, and will be considered a violation of the Code of Conduct and treated accordingly.
If your profile is temporarily froze, you must abide by this suspension. This means that you may not create another profile to interact with the community until your suspension is lifted or you are permenatly banned. If you are caught doing so (violating the terms of your suspension), you will have your new profile banned from the site.