I like to think of myself as the average TV viewer. I have a list of shows that watch and a list of others that i watch when there is absolutely nothing else to do. I diligently follow: Smallville, Supernatural, The Game, Two and a Half Men, Prison Break, Heroes, and Fringe.
Now, down to my list and reasons why they are most annoying:
5. Smallville: let me start by saying that any super hero who is a grown man and wears red underwear on pants is a wimp. I would rather burn in a building than have Superman save me in his underwear (of course i don't mean that). I think Clark really needs to grow up and act like he has some sense. Being overprotective and eating words at the moment when it counts the most is NOT SEXY. Again, he shows more signs of wimpiness (i coined that word :).
4. Scrubs: is simply not funny! I really feel like it begs for laughs. You know those drugs that warn about users having the likelihood of being suicidal? Scrubs should begin with that warning on every episode. That being said, i wish all the actors luck in their careers.
3. Desperate Housewives/Girls Next Door: i used to catch glimpses of the other seasons of this show (other parts of the US) and was never interested until the Atlanta version started. I had never seen so much drama and pettiness all in one space; i had never enjoyed it so much. I have lived in Atlanta for so long and did not know 90% of the places in the show. With that being said, i think that shows like Desperate Housewives and Girls Next Door portray women in a negative light; they generalize the traits of many gold digging women. Even though it is possible, it is hard to believe that 20 year old girls are in love with one man that is 82 years old. Putting aside my disgust, i would like to give him a thumbs up for his Viagra popping abilities.
2. Prison Break: i always wonder why the worst actors get lead roles? Micheal from Prison Break and Keanu Reaves are the perfect examples. Michael Scofield is an extremely witty character, but his acting skills are weak. T-Bag's smart remarks and twisted mind coupled with Sucre's spanish speaking antics keep the show interesting.
1. Heroes: ah Heroes! Where do i start from? Half of the characters on Heroes are surprisingly annoying. Peter always wants to believe in people that will do the most harm. Nathan always goes back to doing bad even when he sees the right path. Claire makes me cringe. She has one of the best abilities but continues to complain. She kept wishing to be able to feel pain and in the last episode, her wish came true. It put a smile on my face :). My favorite character is Sylar. His presence is one of the few reasons why i still watch the show.
I hope i did not ruin anyone's TV watching experience :D and i strongly recommend Supernatural. It has the right balance of comedy, spooky and thought provoking moments.
Thanks for reading.